Title: YOU: The Owner's Manual
Author: Michael Roizen, MD; Mehmet C Oz, MD
Publisher: Collins
Did you know your body is just like a house? Even the Bible called it a "temple". You take care of it just like you would a house just with different tools.
It's hard to know how to care for something if you don't know what it's made of, how it works and what makes it tick. This is a fun book for the average person to get more acquainted with the structure and inner workings of you body and what the essentials are needed to keep if functioning at it's best.
I have a short attention span for boring and blah and this is one of the first books I've read on "health" that I enjoyed reading and actually stuck through until the end. It's hard to read about what I'm doing and not doing to my body and not want to work harder at caring for it.
I had no idea the extra 15 lbs I put on have added an extra 105 lbs of weight to my knees. At this rate I'll need knee replacements by 60. I'm only 155 now, but heck that's a killer on my knees. Especially if I don't start using them.
The most amazing thing to learn was that it doesn't take much to change the body and make it healthier and able to live longer. No crazy diets, outrageous work out plans, brain melds, or trips into space are required. It's simple changes that make the difference. Do a crossword puzzle each day, take a 10 minute walk 3 times a week, add fiber and fruit to your diet, know your blood pressure (115 over 70 is ideal) and your cholesterol levels. Simple things make a huge difference.
For smokers and fat addicts (yes you the "whole milk or die" freak) there are even plans to help you break both of these habits.
I recommend this to anyone ... period! If you have a human body, read it. Get started on a younger life.
Buy the Book
Labels: health, help, non-fiction